Description of Bramble Berry FO: This tropical fragrance smells of melons, pineapple, acai berry, ripe nectarine, dripping guava, baobab fruit, pomegranates with herbs, grapefruit, cassis and tropical water top notes, plus a hint of raspberry. It’s a mix of of all the best fruits of the tropics without any of the calories. Deliciously tart, sweet and fruity all at the same time. CP: Accelerates, Discolors Yellow, Rices, Separates, Light scent.
Pour off 22 oz for embeds and samples
Use 48 oz batter for 9-bar mold plus 5.75 oz embeds.
Layers (to make use of acceleration
Master batch Oils #20: 50 oz Oils (Makes 70 oz /4.4 lbs soap)
MB Oils: 50 oz/ 1417 grams
NaOH/Lye 5% SF: 7.05 oz / 200 grams
Distilled Water: (2.77 oz disc/ 17.6 %): 13 oz / 369 grams
Sodium Lactate (1%): 14 grams (in oils or Lye water at 130 degrees)
Kaolin Clay (1%): 14 grams (in oils)
Aloe Extract (1%): 14 grams (in oils – can add at trace)
Avocado Extract (1%): 14 grams (in oils – can add at trace)
48 oz batter/Colors/3.3 oz FO:
10 oz BB Queen’s Purple, 0.75 FO (bottom layer)
5 oz BB Caribbean Blue, 0.5 FO (next layer)
8 oz BB Raspberry Mica,, 0.5 FO (3rd layer)
20 oz TKB Shimmer Lemon Pop, 1.25 FO (4th layer)
5 oz TD White, NO FO (top layer)
Embeds on top
I soaped the lye & oils at 74F & 88F degrees and stick blended (using an immersion blender) very lightly until just emulsified. I divided and colored the batter, then added some of the fragrance oil to the purple, mixed well, and poured into the mold, and carefully put in the refrigerator to help it set.
When that layer was firm, I used the same procedure for each successive color until complete. The slight accretion of the fragrance oil helped speed up this process a bit and fortunately I did not get any ricing. But by the time I poured the white on top, it was thicker than I wanted, so the layer was not as straight as the others.
The embeds I used were from other soap projects, which gave each bar a unique look, but still stuck with the theme of tropical and fruity.
Because of the potential acceleration and ricing of the fragrance, I made this a layered soap. The colors are a little bolder than I would have liked, but the scent also discolored a slight yellow, so I wanted them to be bold and not get muddied. And the layers went well with the bright embeds.
I first wished I would have made the white a sandy color, like the beach, but that would not have gone well with the other colors. This fragrance has been discontinued, so it’s my final batch.