Description of Bramble Berry fragrance oils:
Raspberry Jam (RJ): This fragrance is a beautiful blend of wild raspberry, grape, loganberry, rose nectar, lily, cranberry, sugar syrup, and white musk. CP: 0.71% Vanilla, discolors yellow at first, then fades to a light tan. Performs beautifully.
Sun Ripened Raspberry (RR): This is a basic raspberry with a “ripe” note to it – like a berry that is just ready to fall off the vine into your hand. CP: moves really quick, some ricing.
3 lb silicone mold
Drop swirl into white with 4 CP raspberries on top of each bar (36 total).
Colors: white, red mica and raspberry mica, with smaller amounts of hunter green and purple.
Pour off 6 oz for samples.
Master batch Oils #20: 40 oz Oils (Makes 56 oz/ 3.5 lb soap)
MB Oils: 40 oz/ 1134 grams
NaOH/ Lye 5% SF: 5.64 oz / 160 grams
Distilled Water: (1.62 oz disc/ % disc): 11 oz / 312 grams
Sodium Lactate (1%): 11 grams (in oils or Lye water at 130 degrees)
Kaolin Clay (1%): 11 grams (in oils)
Avocado Extract (1%): 11 grams (in oils – can add at trace)
Carrot Extract (1%): 11 grams (in oils – can add at trace)
50 oz Batter/Colors/ 3.2 oz FO: (used 2.95oz RJ + 0.35oz RR = 3.3 oz FO)
26 oz TD White
8 oz BB Plum
8 oz BB Raspberry mica
5 oz CC Apple green mica (save 1 oz for top)
4 oz BB Queens Purple
Pour 3/4 of white
Drop swirl with colored batter
Add lines of green color on each bar for vine look
Top with 36 raspberries (4 on each bar) (4.2 oz)
I soaped the lye and oils at 86F & 88F stick blending until just emulsified, (using an immersion blender). I divided and colored the batter, separated out a little bit of green for the top, then added the fragrance oil. I expected some acceleration from the Sun Ripened Raspberry fragrance, but nothing happened for a while.
I waited for the soap to thicken to the exact consistency needed for a drop swirl – it stayed thin for a long time, then started thickening slowly, then took off and got really thick, going from too thin to too thick quickly. I had to scramble, pouring 2/3 of the white, then drop swirled the colors and adding more white in the swirl and on top.
After I pored lines of green to represent vines, I then added 4 berries on each bar; spritzed with fine iridescent glitter, covered with plastic wrap and a towel, and put in a room to set for two days. Then I uncovered and un-molded and let it set for several more days before slicing into bars.
Wow! This fragrance is amazing and I’m glad I made a batch of these soaps.
The drop swirls are not as impressive as what I would have liked, but they turned out nice anyway. I like the variety of colored berries on top and the green adds a touch to it.